workshops and seminars for health care PROFESSIONALS
When using this website, keep in the mind the correct definition of a pesticide: any substance that kills, repels, or otherwise controls any pest. Herbicides (weedkillers), fungicides, rodenticides, insecticides, etc. are all pesticides.
The Maryland Agromedicine Program offers seminars and workshops by request for health care providers and other professionals. Topics addressed can include:
- definition of terms
- brief review of pertinent laws and regulations
- patterns of pesticide use and exposure
- potential acute and chronic effects of pesticides
- current pesticide-related health concerns or issues
- taking an exposure history
- diagnosis and treatment of pesticide-related illnesses.
- the Pesticide Resource Book for Health Professionals
- Recognition and Management of Pesticide Poisoning.