workshops & seminars
When using this website, keep in the mind the correct definition of a pesticide: any substance that kills, repels, or otherwise controls any pest. Herbicides (weedkillers), fungicides, rodenticides, insecticides, etc. are all pesticides.
The Maryland Agro-medicine Program offers seminars and workshops by request for health care providers and other professionals. Topics addressed can include:
- definition of terms
- brief review of pertinent laws and regulations
- patterns of pesticide use and exposure
- potential acute and chronic effects of pesticides
- current pesticide-related health concerns or issues
- taking an exposure history
- diagnosis and treatment of pesticide-related illnesses.
- the Pesticide Resource Book for Health Professionals
- Recognition and Management of Pesticide Poisoning.