When using this website, keep in the mind the correct definition of a pesticide: any substance that kills, repels, or otherwise controls any pest. Herbicides (weedkillers), fungicides, rodenticides, insecticides, etc. are all pesticides.
The following resources may be useful for occupational users of pesticides, occasional users of pesticides such as homeowners or renters, or others seeking various types of pesticide information
- University of Maryland Department of Entomology -- Administrative home of the Pesticide Education & Assessment Program.
- Synopsis of the Maryland Pesticide Applicators Law & Regulations -- Fact sheet describing Maryland requirements for pesticide applicators.
- Pesticide Regulation Section, Maryland Department of Agriculture – The agency that regulates pesticides in Maryland.
- Certification and Training of Pesticide Applicators (EPA) -- Description of federal requirements for pesticide applicators.
- New York State's Pesticide Applicator Core Tutorial -- An online tutorial that can be used as a study guide for the general knowledge portion of the Maryland Applicator's test (see note below). NOTE: The "State Laws and Regulations" section of this tutorial is specific to New York State and cannot be used as a study guide for the Maryland test.