When using this website, keep in the mind the correct definition of a pesticide: any substance that kills, repels, or otherwise controls any pest. Herbicides (weedkillers), fungicides, rodenticides, insecticides, etc. are all pesticides.
- National Pesticide Information Center
NPIC provides objective, science-based information about pesticides and pesticide-related topics to enable people to make informed decisions about pesticides and their use. NPIC is a cooperative agreement between Oregon State University and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
a source of objective, science-based information about pesticides - written for the non-expert
- Toxicology Literature
Description of 4 major databases serving primary toxicological literature.
- Agricultural Health Study
An academic and government sponsored study to investigate the effects of environmental, occupational, dietary, and genetic factors on the health of the agricultural population.
- Recognition & Management of Pesticide Poisonings
This EPA manual describes signs and symptoms of acute toxicity by class of pesticide, and provides treatment regimens
- Pesticide Toxicology. Evaluating Safety and Risk
From Purdue Pesticide Programs, Purdue University Cooperative Extension Service
- Mosquito Repellent Information
Recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control
- NLM's Toxicology Tutor - Intended as an aid for researchers using the National Library of Medicine's chemical and toxicological databases:
- Toxicology Tutor I-- basic principles of toxicology
- Toxicology Tutor II-- toxicokinetics
- Toxicology Tutor III-- cellular effects and biochemistry.